EmPOWERing Mountain Food Systems
The EmPOWERing Mountain Food Systems Project is excited to announce its new webinar event series – Friday Conversations. At 2 o’clock every Friday in October EMFS Program Director, Laura Lauffer will host a meeting with agriculture and entrepreneurial experts from the WNC Region. They will be highlighting how the EMFS Project continues to provide opportunities for farmers through grant access, agritourism development, apprenticeship placements, and value-added food ventures designed to help business owners make more money on their farms.
Presents Friday Conversations at 2 o’clock in October!
● Friday, October 9, 2020, at 2 p.m.
○ WNC Agricultural Options is now accepting grant applications from farmers diversifying or expanding their businesses. With funding from the N.C. Tobacco Trust Fund Commission, WNC AgOptions is distributing a total of $216,000 to western North Carolina farmers in 2021. The application deadline is November 20.
● Friday, October 16, 2020, at 2 p.m.
● Friday, October 23, 2020, at 2 p.m.
○ Nancy & Harold Long of Long Family Farm discuss How an EmPOWERing Mountain Food Systems Apprentice helped their Farm Business!
● Friday, October 30, 2020, at 2 p.m.
○ Blue Ridge Food Ventures – How to Start Your Value-Added Product Dream