NC Cooperative Extension offers Safe Plates for all those who work in the food service industry and particularly those seeking food protection manager certification. The course helps food establishments meet the NC requirement of having at least one supervisor certified as a food protection manager, per the FDA Food Code 2013. Certification is based on passing the ANSI-approved exam from the National Registry for Food Safety Professionals and is accepted throughout the US for 5 years from date of the exam. Certification includes a certificate to be displayed in the workplace as well as a wallet card. Safe Plates is taught through case studies, storytelling, activities, and discussion. This class is interactive and encourages participants to engage with the material.
• The class will be from 9am -5pm on Monday and Tuesday with a one-hour lunch break.
• The two-hour exam will be Wednesday morning starting at 9am.
• The cost of the class is $125.00 which includes the book, slide notes, 2 practice tests, one practice exam and the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals exam.
• Call 828-456-3575 to register or mail attached registration form and payment to: Haywood County Center, Attn: Julie Sawyer, 589 Raccoon Rd. Suite 118, Waynesville, NC. 28786
• Registration and accommodation request deadline: Friday, September 6, 2019
• For more information contact Julie Sawyer: 828-456-3575 or Julie_sawyer@ncsu.edu