2020 NC 4-H Photography Contest
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Here is information about the criteria the judges use when choosing the winners of this contest.
- Relevancy to Category Topic – Is the photo an obvious illustration of the category in which it is entered? If the picture doesn’t tell us, does the information on the entry form make it clear how the subject fits the category?
- Composition/Arrangement – Are the objects in the photo arranged in a meaningful, pleasing manner, or are they haphazard? Did the photographer use the best angle or otherwise interesting perspective?
- Focus / Sharpness – Is the object of the photo in focus? If not in sharp focus, does it appear to be an intentional effect to enhance the image in some artistic way?
- Lighting – Did the photographer use proper lighting of the subject matter? Do any extremes of darkness or brightness lend to or detract from the image content?
- Creativity – Does the photographer show some creative thought or original idea in the making of this image? Is the subject something unusual or is the content of the photo presented in a way we haven’t seen before?
Categories for the 2020 Contest
4-H in Action: We’re looking for pictures that show us what happens at 4-H events throughout the year. The key to winning this category is the action. We want to SEE what’s happening. If it’s a judging contest, we want to feel like we’re right in the middle of the action. If it’s meeting with legislators, then we want to feel like we’re so close we could shake that person’s hand. In other words, we want the photographer to get in close and show us what really happens when 4-H’ers get together for an event or activity.
Nature’s Beauty: Nature’s Beauty is always our biggest category. We had close to 100 entries last year in this category alone, so competition is fierce. Winners in this category are ultimately chosen because they exhibit superior technical skill, move in close to the subject, and capture something really different. Some show beautiful things such as sunsets and ﬂowers. Others create beauty from something unexpected (mushrooms, a turtle having a snack, a dragonﬂy with torn wings.) All contain strong composition, nice light, and sharp focus on the subject.
Pets in Action: Pet photography is big business! Use your ace photography skills to capture your pet (or someone’s) in action! Whether it’s at home or elsewhere, we want to see those photographs. Be creative! We will be reasonably all-inclusive as to what can be considered a pet, but please, no pet rocks.
Please remember to submit your entries NO LATER THAN June 30, 2020. We’re looking forward to another great group of photographs to judge for the 2020 Contest! Please contact email@example.com with questions or concerns.