The Nursery Field Day features the latest ornamental plant production research from around the region. This year’s program includes …
January 16, 2019, Dee Shore Varroa mites may be mighty small – about the size of the head …
Slugs are simply snails (mollusks) without shells. They live in and on the ground and have big appetites for …
Mosquitoes are important pests because their biting activity often interferes with outdoor activities. They may transmit disease organisms to …
N.C. Cooperative Extension, Macon County, will hold a pesticide disposal/collection day in cooperation with the N.C. Department of …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- NC Pesticide Safety Education
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for Schools & Child Care Facilities
- NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
National eXtension Resources
Partnerships and Organizations
- APHIS Pest Detection and Management Programs
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Pesticide Section
- Pesticide Environmental Stewardship
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Pest Management
Lesser appleworm description, life history, damage, and control.
Spotten tentiform leafminer description, life history, damage, and control.
Tarnished plant bug description, life history, damage, and control.
Dogwood borer description, life history, damage, and control.
Insidious plant bug description, life history, and predation.
Redbanded leafroller description, life cycle, damage, and control.
Japanese beetle description, life history, damage, and control.